2023 Kia Niro Family Preview
The next generation of the Kia Niro has been redesigned to match what modern drivers expect out of an eco-friendly fleet of vehicles. From style to powertrain to tech and safety, the 2023 Kia Niro launches with a complete new look and feel. The 2023 Niro will launch as three different models: the Niro EV, Niro HEV and Niro PHEV, all offering differing levels of performance and eco-friendliness to match any Edmonton driver’s lifestyle. Read on as we at North Edmonton Kia preview the entire new 2023 Kia Niro family and their many features.
Explore more of our popular blogs here:
Each of the three Niro models feature a different powertrain set-up to suit your needs. Explore the differences below and find the Niro that works for you.
- Niro EV:
- 64.8 kWh battery, 150 kW motor
- Level 2 charger: charges in 6 hrs 5 minutes at maximum ability
- Up to 407 km of range
- Niro HEV:
- 1.6L hybrid engine, 32 kW high-efficiency electric motor, 1.32 kWh lithium-ion polymer battery
- 6-speed DCT
- 139 horsepower, 195 lb-ft of torque
- Niro PHEV:
- 1.6L hybrid engine, 62 kW high-efficiency electric motor, 11.1 kWh lithium-ion polymer battery
- 6-speed DCT
- 180 horsepower, 195 lb-ft of torque
- Level 2 charger: charges in less than 3 hours
- Up to 55 km of all-electric range
Exterior & Interior Design
The new Kia lineup was inspired by Kia’s Opposites United philosophy, balancing eco-friendliness and a vision toward the future. It also takes influence from the HabaNiro concept from 2019. It all starts with the unique headlight design, reminiscent of the new Telluride and Sportage models, prominently at home on the “Tiger Nose” front. The side of the vehicle is highlighted by black wheel arches and garnishes. Find 17 inch wheels on the EV, 16 or 18 inch options on the HEV and 16 inches on the PHEV. The rear taillight is inspired by the Sportage again, with a balanced design that blends contrasts.
Updated on the interior of the Niro is the design of the cabin to be even more minimalist and sleek. Connective technology makes itself home in the form of a 4.2-inch Super Vision (a 10.25-inch version is also available) and an 8-inch or 10.25 inch display screen with a crisp interface. It’s not just the powertrain systems that make the vehicle eco-friendly, as the cabin materials were made from recycled material and no animal products. Speaking of comfort, you’ll really be able to stretch out in the new Niro models thanks to their improved size for passengers and cargo.
The three Niro models feature a number of eco-friendly tech features that will make your drive easier and more sustainable.
- Green Drive Mode:
- The EV mode will be engaged in a green zone, which prioritizes fuel efficiency and cuts down on pollution (for HEV and PHEV). On these 2023 models, this system will learn your driving patterns and enact EV mode at crucial points in your drive.
- Smart Regenerative Braking System:
- This system controls the level of regeneration thanks to radar and road information, taking in lost energy to transform it into vital battery power. Use adjustable deceleration through strong, moderate or soft modes (new for 2023).
- Digital Key to Touch:
- Control you Niro from your smartphone or smartwatch with these features, allowing you to control features like unlock/lock, start and much more.
Kia Niro Family Trims
Explore the Kia Niro family across all of its trims and find the exact one that works for you. Browse below and see each trim and their starting price.
- 2023 Kia Niro EV:
- Premium: Starting at $44,995*
- Premium +: Starting at $47,995*
- Limited: Starting at 52,995*
- 2023 Kia Niro HEV:
- LX: Starting at $29,995*
- EX: Starting at $31,995
- EX Premium: Starting at 34,695*
- SX: Starting at $38,695*
- 2023 Kia Niro PHEV:
- EX: Starting at $37,995*
Shop the Kia Niro Family at North Edmonton Kia
If you’re interested in any of the Niro EV, Niro HEV or Niro PHEV models, our North Edmonton Kia team would be more than happy to help you shop and order one for yourself. If you still don’t know which one would be best for your needs, we’ll help you settle on the one that accurately fits your lifestyle. Contact our local Edmonton team, today, and experience all that this environmentally-friendly line of vehicles can do for you.